Joe Valentine is an experienced international trade compliance professional, licensed attorney and customs broker.He has utilized his expertise in Customs regulations and understanding of technology to design this web application to train trade compliance professionals in Customs import compliance. The Customs Broker Exam primarily tests knowledge of import compliance that a licensed customs broker must have. This website is designed to be a very effective tool for absorbing the knowledge and understanding the test strategies required to pass the certification exam.
Georgetown University Law Center, Washington D.C.
LL.M. (International Business & Economic Law) with WTO Studies Certificate, 2017.
- WTO law, Export Controls, Economic Sanctions, Trade Remedies, Customs, Int’l Business.
- Fellow, Institute of International Economic Law, Georgetown Univ. Law Center.
- Member, Georgetown University Law Center LL.M. International Arbitration Moot Court Team
North Carolina Central University School of Law, Durham, N.C.
Juris Doctor, cum laude, 2015. Dean’s List, Law Eagle Merit Scholarship
- Staff Editor – NC Central Law Review, Member – 1L Trial Team, 3L Negotiation Team for NASCAR Competition, 3L Team for Saul Lefkowitz IP Moot Court.
- Volunteer – Elder Law Wills Project & Income Tax Assistance/Counseling Project.
Duke University Fuqua School of Business, Durham, N.C.
Master of Business Administration, 2003.
- Fuqua Merit Scholar, Sax Baldridge Award for best consulting project.
- Licensed Attorney (D.C., N.C.), practice focused on international trade & customs compliance.
- Law Extern, United States International Trade Commission
- Trade Compliance (ITAR/EAR) Faculty, United States
- Director, Trade Compliance, India and United States
- Deputy Director General of Shipping, Govt. of India
- Joint Commissioner of Customs, Govt. of India
- North Carolina
- District of Columbia
- District of Columbia Bar Association.
- North Carolina Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Society for International Affairs
- International Compliance Professionals Association